You’ve probably heard plenty of anecdotes about the benefits of Voice over IP, and you know that many organizations have already made the switch. But if you’re thinking about upgrading from a traditional phone system to VoIP, then anecdotes are not enough – you need cold, hard facts to build your business case.
At SpectrumVoIP, we’ve compiled this compelling set of VoIP statistics, sourced from reliable, respected and independent authorities like Technavio, Gartner and Persistence Market Research.
Small Business Statistics
- Find Me / Follow Me is the VoIP feature that improves productivity most for small businesses (77%), followed by conference calling (65%), and mobile access to IP PBX features (58%).
- 67% of employees believe the top business task improved by VoIP is handling phone calls, followed by managing messages (63%), and remote work (57%).
- 88% of employees perceived Unified Communications to offer a significant or moderate business value
- Unified Communications systems deliver the greatest benefit for solo workers and large teams of 7-11 employees, with over 50% of businesses seeing a significant benefit for these team sizes.
- Businesses with 101 to 1000 staff experienced the greatest value in terms of Unified Communications functionality.
- The average cost of an IP PBX system for a business with 1-20 employees is $16,867. This cost rises to over $1 million for businesses with more than 2,500 employees.
- For businesses that intend to license a significant number of users and need to minimize upfront costs, a cloud-hosted system is likely to be the best choice
- Unified Communications offers the greatest value for remote workers, while industries characterized by fixed-desk cultures gain less value from UC systems
General Market Statistics
- The global VoIP services market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 10% from 2016 to 2024
- The global VoIP services market is forecast to increase from $86 billion in 2015 to $195 billion by 2024
- The global mobile VoIP market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 28% from 2016 to 2020
- Developed and emerging nations will deploy LTE networks from 2018-2020, enabling VoIP to reach a much larger subscriber base
- The number of IP-telephony users in the world will exceed 150 million this year (2017)
- The global business VoIP subscriber base is forecast to reach almost 205 million by 2020
- The total number of VoIP users is expected to increase to 350 million by 2020
- Latin America is expected to be the world’s fastest growing VoIP market between 2016 and 2024
- Asia Pacific will be the fastest-growing mobile VoIP region with a CAGR of over 23% from 2016 to 2024
- Increasing adoption of BYOD is expected to drive growth of the VoIP services market in North America
- The managed IP PBX segment accounted for 27% of the total VoIP services market share in 2015
- The Android OS is expected to dominate the mobile VoIP market, reaching over $90 billion by 2024
For more VoIP facts and statistics, or to discover how Voice over IP can benefit your business, or email Sales@SpectrumVoIP.com.